Skip to content

Write-Ins for Board of Ed Tallied

Three BOE members elected are
Erika Salgado 1,295 votes
Michele Lomas 1,275 votes
Jennifer Nicolay 260 votes

Read the TAPinto Article about Belmar and Lake Como
Board of Education Elections.

19 Comments

  1. Not Nicolay wrote:

    Oh god. Anybody but Nicolay. Please!

    Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 3:34 am | Permalink
  2. New Skool wrote:

    Oh no! Now my kids that attend a school that has a curriculum that hasn’t changed in over a decade and is half Hispanic will come home and call me the white devil. Oh no! Hahaha
    I’m looking forward to Salgado’s first meeting on the board. The one where she realizes that all the idiotic things she’s been screaming about were only taking place inside her own head.

    Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 7:55 am | Permalink
  3. Disappointed wrote:

    It’s a sad day for the kids in Belmar … someone got through because of a political agenda. Someone got through who has not done a single thing for our kids.
    Thank goodness Erika got on. Finally someone who won’t just shake her head yes to get the meeting over with. Finally someone who will take the time to actually make an informed decision.
    One of out of three ain’t bad.

    Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 9:34 am | Permalink
  4. school choice wrote:

    #3 What? The only thing that Mrs Salgado seems capable of is using crazy propaganda to instill fear into ill-informed voters. Luckily for our sanity, once she gets on the board, she’ll see that her “fears” are completely made up and she has to do actual work.
    If the current conditions at BES are so unacceptable, there are plenty of other choices. I think it’s a great school with caring and compassionate teachers and staff.

    Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 11:43 am | Permalink
  5. Clueless wrote:

    Nicolay will only do what Dirty Doherty tells her to do. Why can’t she just go away.

    Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 10:15 pm | Permalink
  6. Disappointed wrote:

    #4 Guess we will wait and see exactly what they do huh? No one ever said BES is not filled with amazing teachers, so not sure where that comes from.
    You say she will actually have to do work, do you feel that all of the current board members “do work”? Do you attend BOE meetings?

    Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 10:07 am | Permalink
  7. School choice wrote:

    #6 I do attend some but not all meetings. You make it sound like the BOE ‘does nothing’ for the children. So that attitude would imply that the school is a disaster. If it’s not a disaster but a good school, then the implication is that the BOE is doing a good job. Not sure you can have it both ways. So I was just pointing out that there are other options if you think the ‘do nothing’ board has created a terrible situation at BES.
    Yes we’ll see what happens. I hope Mrs Salgado doesn’t use a rather procedural and boring position on the BOE as a soap box to further her rather disingenuous political philosophy. That actually is worse than doing nothing.

    Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 1:50 pm | Permalink
  8. Disappointed wrote:

    #7. I was asking you a question. I never implied a thing about what the board does or does not do. Just asked YOUR opinion. You sound so miserable and bitter. Hope the upcoming holidays make you a little happier.
    Geez. One board member making you so cranky. 🤣

    Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 2:50 pm | Permalink
  9. eugene creamer wrote:

    the Belmar Elementary School Campus is about as close as u can get to a geographic center of Belmar … the tall building has survived many coastal storms and should be available to shelter Belmar residents when evacuation orders are issued.

    During Sandy, the BOE locked the doors.

    Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 9:48 pm | Permalink
  10. School choice wrote:

    #8 that’s right, you didn’t ‘imply’, you expressed. There’s a difference. “Someone got through who has not done a single thing for our kids”
    “Finally someone who won’t just shake her head yes to get the meeting over with”
    Those are YOUR words. And you are correct, you never implied anything, you made a clear statement about what you think about the BOE. So you don’t think the board does anything. I do and I’ve made that pretty clear. I think the school has challenges and that those challenges are met by the board in an earnest and thoughtful way.
    Nice try on the deflection and projection. I’m not cranky or bitter or miserable. I’m embarrassed. I’m embarrassed that people are ok with someone exploiting fake fears in order to attain a political position. I’m embarrassed that someone was successful in using hate and division to win an election. This isn’t about the children at all. It’s about politics. The worst kind of politics. The kind where fear concurs common sense and hate concurs love.
    I am very much looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas. And I find hope in the fact that Mrs Salgado will get a does of reality once seated and that she is strong enough to admit that she was wrong. As for you, once again, if you think the BOE ‘does nothing for the kids’ there are other choices of schools out there. But remember, as a wiser man than me once said, ‘wherever you go…there you are’.

    Friday, November 19, 2021 at 7:15 am | Permalink
  11. Disappointed wrote:

    #10 your reply is something to laugh at.

    Never said BOE does nothing. Go back and read again. What I said was about 1 specific person. Kind of like you speaking about Erika.

    Can not wait to watch her SHINE 😍

    Friday, November 19, 2021 at 7:36 am | Permalink
  12. Sc wrote:

    #11 I guess it is kinda funny. So just Michele Lomus (process of elimination) is the only board member that does nothing ‘for the children’? So your sentence that says ‘finally someone who won’t just shake her head yes to get the meeting over with’ is just referring to one board member? Pretending that’s what you meant IS something to laugh at I guess. Also, you’ve posted before in other comments sections. You’ve said, very plainly, the BOE does nothing for our children. You can pretend all you want, I really don’t care. If you are just singling out Michelle Lomus (you’re not), then you really are detached from reality. As for Mrs Salgado, I also hope she ‘shines’. But she has to first remember that the BOE represents ALL of the children at BES, not just her own. Something you could learn as well. This is a community, not a selfish collection of mine mine mine.

    Friday, November 19, 2021 at 8:45 am | Permalink
  13. Disappointed wrote:

    PS. You would make a horrible detective. Was not referring to Lomas.

    Friday, November 19, 2021 at 9:19 am | Permalink
  14. Nice Try D wrote:

    PPS. And I quote; “someone got through because of a political agenda. Someone got through who has not done a single thing for our kids.”
    So Lomus got in because of a political agenda? Unless one of these descriptions is of Salgado (personally I think the political agenda describes her success but I doubt you meant her), that means one is Nikolay and one is Lomus (the only other two who got in). Since Nikolay has never been on the BOE, saying she’s done nothing for the children would be silly. By that definition, neither has Salgado. That leaves Lomus. And since Nikolay has a history of politics in this town, she would be the one who got in because of a political agenda. And since Lomus didn’t get in because of a political agenda, that would make her the one has has done nothing for the children.
    Don’t need to be a detective to understand what you said. Are you back peddling?
    Maybe you should re read your own words.

    Friday, November 19, 2021 at 10:18 am | Permalink
  15. Guest wrote:

    #14. As a third party observer to your little argument, couldn’t those two statements be about the same person? I’m not an English major but I do not think you can assume they are referencing two separate individuals. Regardless, the debate is old and tiring at this point.

    Monday, November 22, 2021 at 7:16 am | Permalink
  16. Anonymous wrote:

    Poor examples of Moot Court adversaries. They are always instructed to switch side of the argument in the quest to learn

    Monday, November 22, 2021 at 8:55 am | Permalink
  17. SC wrote:

    #15 no, those two definitions do not refer to the same person. And yes, you are most definitely not an English major. However, I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this little argument in spite of it being old and tired. It means a lot.

    Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 6:44 am | Permalink
  18. Moot! there it is wrote:

    #16 well this isn’t a Moot Court exercise, it’s an actual philosophical difference of opinion, so your point is moot.
    If you want to listen in on a good Moot Court discussion you can audit a class at a local Law School. This is an internet blog.

    Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 6:58 am | Permalink
  19. Anonymous wrote:

    Hahaha reading the Land of the moots

    Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 9:20 am | Permalink

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared.