Skip to content

Another Write-In Candidate for our Board of Education

17 Comments

  1. Anonymous wrote:

    Will this new candidate answer parents quiry: Are you in favor of CRT being taught in the current Belmar Elementary School curricula, 2021? Candidate Jenn won’t give a direct yes or no answer on her FACEBOOK ad. No song and 40 year old tap dance, please!

    Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 6:56 pm | Permalink
  2. Foolishness abounds wrote:

    #1 let go of the CRT question. Makes you sound like an idiot. I can help- NO, a twenty five year old legal theory that is only taught in some law schools, will not be taught to children at BES. Having to answer that question is pointless because it’s so embarrassingly stupid. In case you are afraid, they will also not be taught quantum physics. So you can rest assured that little Johnny won’t come home and start calling you a white devil. This irrational fear of something that isn’t real would be super funny if it wasn’t so annoying.

    Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 6:43 am | Permalink
  3. Anonymous wrote:

    Editor: Do you know if the candidate “Foolishness Abounds” will get many votes for its interpretation of CRT curricula plan in Belmar Elementary School?

    Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 1:19 pm | Permalink
  4. Anonymous wrote:

    Your former National leader, Mr. McAuliffe doubled down by calling his opponents opposition to teaching Critical Race Theory curricula in grade school “a dog Racist whistle”.
    Ask CRT proponents, Khiara Bridges, Derrick Bell, etal about their thoughts on teaching CRT to young, confused, impressionable minds.

    Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 1:45 pm | Permalink
  5. Editor wrote:

    #3 – I do not know how many votes any of the candidates will get. And I do not know if that comment is from a candidate.

    Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 2:29 pm | Permalink
  6. The end of thought wrote:

    #3 Not a candidate- My ‘interpretation’ of CRT is based on facts, not what right wing limousine pundits tell me. It’s the boogie man of the right and it’s total nonsense. Even a cursory dive into the origins, meaning, and where it is taught will show how absurd it is that candidates for the Belmar Elementary School are asked if it will be taught there. It’s embarrassing that we have grown adults in this country that are so gullible.

    Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 3:48 pm | Permalink
  7. come again? wrote:

    #4 Ok lets try to analyze your confusing comment. By McAuliffe, do you mean Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe? I’ve never lived in Virginia and he was never the POTUS, so not sure what you mean. Also, the phrase is “racist dog whistle” not “a dog Racist whistle”. A dog racist whistle is whistle that calls racist dogs? Or is the whistle itself racist? Sounds fun.
    Derrick Bell isn’t a ‘proponent’ of CRT, he came up with it. I’m happy to see that you at least know his name, although you clearly know nothing about him. First, I can’t ask him about his thoughts on CRT; in the words of Marissa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny, “because He’s dead!”. He died in 2011. He came up with CRT, the examination of the nexus of racism and the US justice system (OMG terrifying!!) in around 1990. But you are afraid of it now 30 years later, why? My guess is because one of those brilliant, humble folks over at Fox News told you to be. Derrick Bell never had a view whether or not CRT should be taught to grade school kids. He would certainly be surprised at the hysterical reaction it’s getting from rich white people though. If you knew anything about Mr Bell, you’d know that he had many ideas about society that are embraced by the right. For instance he was against many social programs like welfare. Irony can be fun. But old Tucker fear-equals-rating Carlson ain’t gonna tell you that.
    Lastly, I have children (mostly grown) and although they were once impressionable, they were never confused. Anyone that literally feels that their child will somehow be indoctrinated by things that their grammar school teacher says, well…better spend more time with their child. Do some research, pull your head out of the sand, stop being afraid all the time, enjoy life.

    Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 4:20 pm | Permalink
  8. Anonymous wrote:

    Hmmmm, Panorama Education Surveys used in BES? READ THE Survey QUESTIONS given to children!

    Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 6:08 pm | Permalink
  9. Survey says! wrote:

    #8 are you asking if BES uses Panorama Survey? That I don’t know, but I don’t think so. But even if they do… I have read the questions (I took the 5 minutes it takes to look them up). Are you offended by the questions about race and diversity? Do they make you nervous? If so, that makes me a little nervous. Couple examples:
    “How fairly do students at your schools treat people?”
    “At your school, how often do people from different races, ethnicities, and cultures hang out with each other?”

    Yea that is some subversive stuff. I hope our young children can handle it. Haha.

    How about we concern ourselves with real problems?

    Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 6:44 pm | Permalink
  10. eugene creamer wrote:

    The BOE could hire a Black, Asian or Latino school superintendent … if CRT is a concern?

    Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 1:23 pm | Permalink
  11. Anonymous wrote:

    Spot on Mr. Creamer. Add to the resume a LGBTQ (RSTLMNOP) and you’re a shoe in. Forget if you’re qualified or the best candidate for the position. Sad world we live in.

    Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 4:37 pm | Permalink
  12. Wah wah wrote:

    #11 fear not my little worry wart. We white folks have had a good run. Make that we white straight folks (as recently as the ‘90s being gay could get you arrested or dragged to death by a car). We’ve been in charge of things for around 5000 years. We even owned the darker ones as property for about 4800 of those years. I can see how someone of color getting a leg up would upset you so much. Or someone in the LGBTQ community wanting to have the same rights the rest of us have might make you uncomfortable. Who do they think they are? You’re right about it being a sad world. I don’t think we’ve ever had so many selfish whiny brats like the people who feel their way of life is in jeopardy because some people would like to be honest about racism and homophobia. The truth is no fun for people like that.

    Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 5:49 pm | Permalink
  13. Guest wrote:

    Thank you for caring enough to run Brian. And I appreciate your past service to our country and current service to our community. Good luck!

    Friday, October 15, 2021 at 1:09 pm | Permalink
  14. Anonymous wrote:

    #1 you say Jen won’t answer the CRT question but she did in fact give an answer. Can you direct me to Brian’s answer to this question? I can’t find his words anywhere.
    At least Jen responds and is approachable.

    Monday, October 18, 2021 at 12:56 pm | Permalink
  15. Anonymous wrote:

    #1 Saying you’re going to make sure CRT isn’t taught in the school is like promising that you’ll make sure no grizzly bears get into the school. It’s a non-issue and any candidate that doesn’t realize that has no business representing the school. It’s embarrassing.

    Monday, October 18, 2021 at 3:02 pm | Permalink
  16. Sgt of Arms? wrote:

    What do each of the Candidates think about Attorney General Merritt Garland’s directive to FBI to investigate alleged threats potentially being made to School Board Members in the UNITED STATES per National School boards association?

    Friday, October 22, 2021 at 2:05 pm | Permalink
  17. Fear and ignorance wrote:

    #16 great point. The FBI should investigate any threats made towards school board members. Unfortunately we live in a world where otherwise well meaning people are influenced by vitriolic lies spread on social media and certain ‘news’ outlets. Without doing any research or even minimal fact finding on their own, they assume the worst. Sometimes this rises to the level of threatening school board members. Sometimes it is just relegated to the misguided campaign platform of certain candidates who use phony political hot button dogma and disguise it as ‘concern’ for the children. Hopefully none of these candidates are doing that. And if one of them is, I hope the electorate is smart enough to see through it.

    Friday, October 22, 2021 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared.